Success Doesn’t Come To You, You Gotta Go Get It!– Julius Ryan, President & CEO
ExploreMyPC Scholarship is useful for all undergraduate students who are currently high school seniors that are graduating this year from High School to pursue an undergraduate or 2-year community college in the given study areas: Computer Science, Computer Information System, Graphic Design, Web Design, And Creative Advertising. To get selected, the applicants require to meet the qualification criteria below to get selected for the scholarship program.
To be considered for an ExploreMyPC Website Design Scholarship, an applicant must:
Required Application Documents
In addition to the college application form to your choice of college/university, you are required to submit the following application documents to be considered for The ExploreMyPC Scholarship.
1. Personal Statement
Submit your personal statement into your ExploreMyPC Scholarship Application. Your 500-850 word personal statement should address the following prompts:
- Describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals as going into the Website Design Industry.
- Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college.
- Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges, and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will help you succeed in the Website Design Industry.
- Describe why you believe you are a good candidate for the ExploreMyPC scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
2. Financial Need Documentation (PDF)
Note: Do not assume you won’t be eligible for federal or state financial aid. Many institutional and private scholarships require that you complete the FAFSA to be considered for these types of awards. If your household’s financial situation drastically changes, you will be able to request an appeal. By appealing a financial aid award, some students are able to secure thousands of dollars in additional grants and student loans.
3. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
Your two (2) letters of recommendation must be signed and dated within 3 months of submitting your ExploreMyPC Scholarship. You must obtain recommendations from both:
- A teacher or academic advisor on school letterhead; and
- A volunteer or work supervisor, community leader, or personal acquaintance. (Volunteer or work supervisor letters must be on the organization’s letterhead. Personal acquaintance letters cannot come from parents or relatives.)
- Obtain the two letters of recommendation from your recommenders and upload them yourself to your ExploreMyPC Scholarship.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure letters are submitted by the deadline. Letters of recommendation which were written for other scholarship or college applications can be used but must be for the current year.
4. Unofficial or Official Transcripts of Grades (Submit only PDFs)
Upload PDF versions of your unofficial or official transcripts to the ExploreMyPC Scholarship application under the appropriate transcript field of the application.
Only mail a hard copy if your school will not issue unofficial or official transcripts directly to students. Hard copy transcripts can be mailed to the address below:
1968 S. Coast Hwy, Suite 402
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Note: Any unofficial transcripts submitted will be reviewed for inconsistencies and an official transcript may be requested by the ExploreMyPC Scholarship Committee Board at any time for confirmation. All submitted transcripts must include the student’s full name, student ID number, name of high school, all courses, and grades, and cumulative GPA.